Matthew D. Goodman
Matthew D Goodman
Materials Science and Engineering
210 Ceramics Building MC 243
105 S. Goodwin
Urbana Illinois 61801
Academic and Scientific Experience
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, Materials Science and Engineering, 2014
- M.S., Iowa State Univeristy, Materials Science and Engineering, 2009
- B.S., summa cum laude, Iowa State Univeristy, Materials Science and Engineering, 2009
- Lecturer, University of Illinois, Materials Science and Engineering, 2014-present
- ENG 198 - IEFX Research
- ENG 598 - Teaching and Leadership
- ENG 598 - Teaching and Leadership 2
- MSE 101 - Materials in Today's World
- MSE 280 - Engineering Materials
- MSE 395 - Materials Design
- MSE 395 - Senior Design
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Materials Research Society
Service on Campus Committees
- Faculty Senate (Fall 2015-2017)
- Engineering Education
- K-12 Engineering Outreach
- Unique Templating of Materials
- Energy Storage
- Energy Harvesting
Chapters in Books
- J. Wang, L. Zhao, M. Goodman, and Z. Lin, Semiconducting nanostructures for new energy generating and novel bio-detecting. Encyclopedia of semiconductor nanotechnology, American Scientific Publishers (2011).
Selected Articles in Journals
- S.-K. Kim, E. Jung, M.D. Goodman, K.S. Schweizer, N. Tatsuda, K. Yano and P.V. Braun, Self-Assembly of Monodisperse Starburst Carbon Spheres into Hierarchically Organized Nanostructured Supercapacitor Electrodes, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 7, 9128-9133 (2015).
- M.D. Goodman, S. Kim, N. Tatsuda, K. Yano and P.V. Braun, Enhanced secondary battery anodes based on Si and Fe3O4 nanoparticle infill monodisperse carbon starburst colloidal crystals, Particle & Particle Systems Characterization, 32, 928-933 (2015).
- J. Liu, N. Li, M. Goodman, H. Zhang, E. Epstein, B. Huang, Z. Pan, J. Kim, J.H. Choi, X.-J. Huang, J. liu, K. Hsia, S. Dillon and P.V. Braun, Mechanically and Chemically Robust Sandwich-Structured C@Si@C Nanotube Array Li-ion Battery Anodes, ACS Nano, 9, 1985-1994 (2015).
- M. Goodman, K. Arpin, A. Mihi, N. Tatsuda, K. Yano, P. Braun, Enabling New Classes of Templated Materials through Mesoporous Carbon Colloidal Crystals, Adv. Optical Mat. (2013) 1, 300.
- K. Schlichting, T. M. Copeland-Johnson, M. Goodman, R. J. Lipert, T. O. McKinley, Z. Lin, J. A. Martin, T. Prozorov, X. Liu, S. Mallapragada, Synthesis of a novel photopolymerized nanocomposite hydrogel for treatment of acute mechanical damage to cartilage, Acta Biomaterialia, (2011) 7, 3094.
- M. Goodman, L. Zhao, K. DeRocher, J. Wang, S. Mallapragada, Z. Lin, Self-Assembly of CdTe Tetrapods into Network Mono layers at the Air/Water Interface, ACS Nano (2010) 4, 2043.
- L. Zhao, M. Goodman, N. Bowden, Z. Lin, Self-assembly of an ultra-high-molecular-weight comb block copolymer at the air-water interface, Soft Matter (2009) 5, 4698.
- M. Goodman, J. Xu, J. Wang, Z. Lin, Semiconductor conjugated polymer quantum dot nanocomposites at the air/water interface and their photovoltaic performance. Chemistry of Materials (2009) 21, 934.
- High Surface Area Carbon Opals and Inverse Opal Obtained Therefrom, Application No. 13/526,395 (2013) pending.
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Fall 2015 (2016)
- Collins Scholar, College of Engineering, University of Illinois (2015)