Setting the standard: Six MatSE faculty ranked excellent by UIUC students
CHAMPAIGN — A standard of excellence. That’s what University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Department of Materials Science and Engineering students have come to expect.
Five MatSE faculty and one Materials Research Laboratory staffer earned a spot on the List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students for the Spring 2021 semester. They include:
- Pinshane Huang, associate professor
- Laura Nagel, senior lecturer
- Mauro Sardela, director of research facilities at MRL
- Daniel Shoemaker, associate professor and Racheff Faculty Fellow
- Antonia Statt, assistant professor
- Jessica TerBush, lecturer
Huang and TerBush merited ratings that were outstanding. TerBush was also recognized again for the Summer 2021 semester.
Results are based on student ratings from the Instructor and Course Evaluation System, which is maintained by the Measurement and Evaluation in the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning staff.
Join us in congratulating these top-notch faculty members and staffer.